Thursday, April 30, 2009

Quinoa Chicken Meatloaf

I made this with ground chicken, only because I didn't have turkey (the original recipe called for ground turkey). I usually follow a recipe exactly the first time I try it, but the chicken worked wonderfully. The kids liked it, and it was an interesting way to use quinoa (pronounced "keen-wah", but you probably already knew that).

Preheat oven to 350F.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground chicken
1 large egg
1/4 cup salsa
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Adobo seasoning
1/4 cup diced onion
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/3 C. quinoa
2/3 C. water

1. Put the quinoa and water in a saucepan. Bring to boil and cook for about ten minutes.
2. Put the ground turkey and all other ingredients except the quinoa into a large bowl.
3. Mix thoroughly.
4. Place the quinoa in the bowl and mix it in, being careful not to burn yourself. Be sure the quinoa has cooled some.
5. Place mixture in casserole dish, and bake about 30-35 minutes. You want it to be done, but don't overcook it. You want it to be moist.
6. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment