Sunday, June 14, 2009

Asian Slaw

I am not a fan of coleslaw, but the picture of this dish looked really colorful and good so I tried it. I really liked it! It came from the Kraft Food & Family magazine that I get seasonally for free. If you don't get these magazines, you can go to www.kraft.com and request them.

Asian Slaw

16 oz. packaged coleslaw blend (I added some shredded red cabbage because the blend I bought didn't include it)
1 11-oz. can mandarin oranges, drained
1/4 c. catalina dressing
1/8 c. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
Honey roasted peanuts (about 1/6 c.) These are what makes this recipe, in my opinion!

Toss coleslaw blend and oranges in large bowl.

Mix dressings and soy sauce in small bowl. Pour dressing mixture over coleslaw mixture; toss gently until well coated.

Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with peanuts just before serving.

Makes 6, 1-cup servings.

I made this the night before and served it with sandwiches after church.

No comments:

Post a Comment